Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby Turns Two




I can't believe our baby is two. It shouldn't feel so strange as he's always tried to be bigger than he is. Keeping up with a big brother makes for a short life as a baby. This makes me sad. I try to explain to him how he's my last and it must LAST. All of it. The baby babble, the silly cartoons, the unique language all his own, the chubby wrists and elbows. Ohhh, the dimples where elbows and knuckles are supposed to be. I don't know how much longer we have to enjoy these things. It's going by so fast. Oh and the fat, square pudgy feet. What will I do when they have disappeared forever from my life? sigh.... He doesn't listen. He just insists on getting bigger, saying big words, trying to potty train himself. How dare he do this to me??


No matter how sad of an occasion for me, we did celebrate the little guy turning 2. Sam mostly loves what Nathan loves.....legos, "guys", spongebob....yuck, but he also loves puppies. All on his own. Puppies are Sam's love that he came up with independent of his big brother's influence. So we had a puppy party. It was just us, very anti-climatic, but we got lots of pictures and I think he liked his huge cookie cake with the big paw print.


Happy Birthday my little Sam. May you stay little just a little longer.

1 comment:

autumn said...

Aww...
I know just how you feel. It's so hard to see those little signs of baby-ness leaving your BABY.
Ever since I've had kids, people have been saying "Enjoy these days, because they grow up so fast" or. "you'll miss these days when they are gone."

While I don't want to go back to diapers and sippy cups and crazy tantrums in the grocery store, I do miss all those little things you mentioned...
the little voices speaking gibberish,
the chubby wrists,
those "first loves"--(the things they love all on their own),
and just feeling that little soft, warm body in my arms.
Maybe I should have another...
:)


HA-gotcha!