Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Firsts


We've had a week of firsts.


-Nathan's first day in the 1st grade.

-first time I didn't take 100 pictures to commemorate such a big event

-first time I let Nathan choose his own shirt for school

-first time I only spent one day during the 1st week crying my eyes out after dropping him off


Nathan is loving the 1st grade so far. He is doing very well also with listening and following directions. Only a week in, but SUCH an improvement over last year! I think by this time last year he was already on a first name basis with the principal. I am really happy and couldn't be more proud.

3 comments:

autumn said...

Really? You let him choose his own shirt? I'm so surprised...you are usually JUST the type to INSIST that Nathan wear a Pirate t-shirt on the first day of school!

cristy said...

Way to go Kacey...& Nathan first grade generally brings me the most tears. I'm pretty sure this might of been the first year I let Ben choose what he wanted to wear on the first day of school and he is in 7th grade :)....well maybe the other years I let him choose but guided him a bit?

Lila said...

so proud of you both ;)