Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I don't think I should call you mom"

Last night I took Nathan out on a "date". It really wasn't much of a date. I really needed him to go to the mall with me so we could get new church pants for him and he desperately needed to change his clothes before we went out, so I called it a "date". As we were driving to the mall and talking he interrupted me and said "you know, if you are going to be my date I don't think I should call you mom, I think I should call you beautiful." Awww...I know. Sweet, huh? Later though as I dragged him in and out of stores he let go of my hand and yelled at me saying "you are the worst date in the world. Dad is more fun to go on a date with!"

Just for the record, one Cinnabon later he was back to holding my hand and calling me beautiful! Men are so fickle, aren't they?

2 comments:

cristy said...

Nathan is the funniest boy in the world.. Thanks for the laugh :)

julie said...

Carter was reading over my shoulder and said, "oh man, he dumped her!"