Sunday, May 10, 2009

Into the Wild!



We (meaning mostly I) thought it was time that we got our kids outdoors and showed them how to camp. It took some patience waiting on the weather and Dave's schedule to give us a good weekend but we finally got our chance. We really had a good time. The boys really enjoyed being outside. I would have to say that the biggest surprise of the whole weekend was that my boys like the marshmallows and the graham crackers, but not so much the chocolate. So much for Smores! Sam was so excited about being able to sleep outside of his crib that it took quite a while for him to calm down and go to sleep.

I was pretty impressed with how our first little camping trip in quite a while turned out. Nathan's biggest complaint was that we didn't get to stay long enough. I guess that means we'll be going back. Now that we have all the gear in one spot and I've got this successful experience in my recent memory, I hope we will be going more often.


1 comment:

autumn said...

Those boys are always going to have the best memories from your little camping trips!