Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Mother's Day, Mother's Day....brings so many things to mind.



1. My own mother... and how blessed I am to have been raised by her. I wasn't the easiest child to love, even from a young age, but she survived me, and today she is one of my very best friends.

2. My husband's mother... who taught him so many important things that make him such a good husband and father today. Early on I knew what an important role his mother played in his life when on one of our first dates he nearly scorched my skin from having the heat up so high in the car. When I finally asked if we could turn it down he said sure but seem surprised. I later found out that his mom told him that girls are always cold so to be a gentleman he should turn up the heat even if it made him uncomfortable.

3. All of the many things I could be doing to be a better mother! I have to say that all the talk about mothers and their divine roles sometimes just makes me feel unworthy. I know that I don't always do all I can ,but I love my children, I'm learning and I'm trying.

4. Today as I attended church and heard all the wonderful stories and tributes to mothers I was overcome with emotion and I knew why. Today, more than anything else, I am thankful to two wonderful young women that made it possible for me to be a mom. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of them. I hope they are happy and content. I hope they are at peace. I hope they feel loved. I hope they know how much they mean to me. I hope they know how much I love these little boys and that I will never take being a mom for granted. I hope they know that I am teaching these boys about how they came to be in our family and of the love their birthmothers have for them. I hope that they are blessed for their sacrifice. And mostly, I hope that I live up to the sacrifice that was made. I love Lindsay and Elise. I hope they feel that today.

The days that I met my boys remain the most special days of my life. So many things running through my mind as I was given these little bundles....love, overwhelming responsibility, awe, and complete reverence and gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father that guided these young women to us and made my dream of being a mom come true.

4 comments:

julie said...

wow. thanks for sharing.

Lila said...

i love it.

cristy said...

Thanks for that sweet post!

autumn said...

I am now a ball of snot and tears! What a sweet tribute to all those wonderful mothers that have touched your life.