Saturday, July 11, 2009

What Happens In Vegas (and Utah)

Our family's trip this summer was out west to Utah and Vegas. The main event being Dave's nephew Tommy's baptism. We decided to add in some family time in Vegas before and after Utah. We started our trip with a few nights in Vegas at Circus Circus. Both Dave and I stayed there as children/young adults and had fond memories, but my how things can change in 20 or so years. (imagine that!) Let's just say I wasn't feeling so nostalgic after about 5 minutes in our small room with 7 foot ceilings, sheets that felt like sandpaper and carpet that I wouldn't walk on in my bare feet. Ask Nathan though and he will tell you that this is the best place we stayed.



On our trip home we upgraded our accommodations to the Bellagio and Mandalay Bay, but these places didn't have a cheesy indoor amusement park and a tasteless breakfast buffet with all the bacon Nathan could eat. Nice soft down blankets, clean soft sheets, beautiful views and tasteful decor don't hold a candle to bacon.















We then headed to Utah with our first stop in Bountiful to visit the Clemons family. They are great friends of ours who moved away last year and it was so nice to see them. We had a great time just hanging out, relaxing, catching up and of course, enjoying a wonderful meal Autumn made for us. Nathan and Grady have both matured over the past year and as a result they played really well together. Charlotte and Olivia followed Sam around and I was able to relax knowing that they were looking out for him. Later that week Nathan and I were also able to go to Thanksgiving Point with Autumn and Grady and had a great day.

We had a great time with Dave's family. Family dinners, a trip to a museum at BYU, milkshakes in Heber at Dairy Keen (yummm), family pictures (which is always an adventure) and plenty of time spent just hanging out and catching up. It's so nice to see our boys playing with their Utah cousins and getting to know them better.


I really enjoy Nathan and Ashlee's "special" relationship. At almost 14 she is his favorite Jackson cousin. She is so patient and kind to him. Nathan could most often be found in her room with her friends. I told them that they did not have to let him hang out with them and they assured me that they liked having him around because he says funny things.

We finished up our trip back in Vegas with a few days left to go and really ready to be home. Dave and I enjoyed our new accommodations, Nathan wanted to know "where's the bacon?", Sam tried to set a record for most hours without taking a nap AND we went to Hoover Dam.

1 comment:

autumn said...

ahhh....good times, good times. We loved seeing you and the fam.
I can tell you knew I'd be reading the blog...you mentioned the meal that I made for you guys. I can't even remember what we had...but if my meal made your trip highlights, then the food of=n the rest of your trip must have been pretty mediocre!
Except for the bacon, of course.
Oh, and the ice cream. (which we need to go to sometime!!)