Friday, July 10, 2009

Bye Bye Kindergarten

With all of the worry and woes of kindergarten, we did make it through. Nathan really enjoyed this year and for a few weeks after school was out he repeatedly asked when he could go back. I enjoyed being able to go to the school twice a month to help out and I think that may be the only way I survived.

Nathan continued to stick close to the girls. At one point he came home and told me that Madison was no longer his best friend, but Emma was. hmmm... We LOVED his teacher. It made it so much easier for me to send him to school each day knowing that she was there to look out for him.

Looking over his pictures from the year, here are the ones I thought best summed up his kindergarten experience. The women in his life...


Madison...his on again, off again best friend and partner in crime.


Mrs. Settlemyer - MY security blanket for the kindergarten year. After meeting her and hearing her talk about Nathan I could finally relax while he was at school.

And me, just mom. I don't think he missed me nearly as much as I missed him, but he did seem happy to see me when I came to the school to visit.

One year down...I don't even want to think about how many more to go. Just the other day I almost upchucked thinking about the 1st grade. School is just a part of life, right? I survived and he will too. I just don't know if I will survive his school years as well as I survived my own and I just barely survived that!

1 comment:

julie said...

I feel the same way about school. Just wait until middle school is staring you down. Home schooling starts sounding better and better.